Sarasota Service Advisor
The purpose of this position is to be the liaison between customers, repair Technician and Technician and Manufacturer. Provide administrative support to the Repair Team in the Sarasota Service Department. Respond to our customers needs, exceeding their expectations for quality repairs, quick turnaround time, and meeting committed promise dates.
- Coordinate with Shop Manager, customers, other divisions and Vendor Warranty Department as needed per customer needs
- Support 8 or more technicians in processing work orders from start to finish, to include warranty claims, transferring parts, adding jobs and conferring with vendors for resolution to issuesUpdate and process up to 100 or more work orders monthly
Nature and Scope
Wesco Turf’s Mission:
- To create loyal customers.
Wesco Turf’s Vision:
- Be the preferred supplier for all products and services we provide
Wesco Turf’s Core Values:
- Ethics and honesty
- Expect to win
- Eliminate customer pain
- Love an idea for ten minutes
- Be the solution
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Create repair order and transfer requested parts to be sent to customer, Mobile service expediter for on-site repair
- Prepare warranty claims for submission to Briggs, Bernhard, Club Car, Kohler, Salsco, Toro, and/or other appropriate vendors for processing in a timely manner.
- Monitor all assigned warranty claims from initial creation, through 30, 60, and 90 day follow up intervals, up to final submission and closure process.
- Reconcile warranty credits and process repair orders for invoicing daily.
- Review customer bill and warranty repair orders for accuracy prior to submitting.
- Request specific parts as identified by the vendor to be returned, tagged and held for 120 days. Upon vender request all failed parts must be returned with all required paperwork and shipped within 24 hours of request.
Additional Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Close all repair orders in three days or less for invoicing.
- Consult directly with customers initiating the repair order process, documenting their concerns with a review of the unit’s history, inclusive of providing a written quote to the customer.
- Complete troubleshooting of customer concerns when feasible and rely on the Lead Technician when additional knowledge is needed.
- Prepare pickup and delivery paperwork and print to warehouse with details of model, serial number and special notes needed.
- Consult with the customer to schedule their work through Service-Max according to the capacity of the department and to the needs of the customers’. Coordinate with all parties to determine the need for pickup and delivery according to customer needs and schedule.
- Obtain authorization for repairs before repairs are conducted and document thoroughly on repair order authorization form with date, time, name and signatures or initials of person giving authorization for work to be completed.
- Consult with techs on ordering of parts and communicate with vendors for reporting issues and obtain assistance as needed.
- Process the transfer of parts requested by Team Technicians for the timely repair of equipment.
- Control inventory of parts not required to complete jobs by correctly transferring them back to the parts department in a timely manner.
- Add jobs as needed to repair orders, coordinate with the shop service advisors, and obtain proper authorization from the customer as necessary.
- Update repair order as needed per repairs, complete billing of all charges for customer repairs and release for invoicing upon completion of repair.
- In order to recoup additional freight cost, add overall cost for shipped parts when the order type allows.
- Requires excellent documentation practices.
- Requires strong leadership skills with good administrative skills
- Must have the ability to read and analyze documents and procedure manuals
- Requires strong mechanical background with good administrative skills, ability to assess situations and respond in the customers’ best interest.
- Requires the ability to communicate in a professional and courteous manner to all customers as well as fellow employees.
- Requires the ability to multi task and handle situations responding to the needs of Team Members.
- At Wesco Turf, each employee is expected to have a winning attitude so as to positively affect co-workers and customers
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum High School Diploma G.E.D. or equivalent
- Training at vocational, technical trade school or training seminars in the Commercial Turf Industry.
- Minimum of five years experience in a related field experience
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Must have experience in speaking and presenting to groups
- Able to communicate in Spanish a plus
- High School level mathematics a minimum.
- Diagnostic skills and problem solving skills
- Use personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles as they arise.
- Evaluate department processes. Recommend and coordinate needed changes based on process analysis.
- Computer literate: Service Max, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, Service Department Repair Order System S B Client and Prelude
- Requires lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, reaching
- Requires ability to multi task and handle stressful situations and respond to the needs of co-workers
- Some duties of this job require the employee to occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
- Be exposed to outside weather conditions
- Be exposed to fumes and airborne particles and caustic or toxic chemicals
- Noise levels can be very loud
- Office and shop areas are climate controlled
This job description does not state, nor does it imply, that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee in this position. He or she will be required to follow any instructions and to perform any other duties requested by her or his supervisor.