To facilitate communication within the company by receiving and directing incoming phone calls and serving as a resource for all associates and visitors
To assist the various divisions with ancillary administrative tasks as requested by supervisor
- Answer multiple phone lines, main line and toll free number along with any caller needing assistance by pressing zero. Presented with a total of 93 telephone internal extensions.
- Mail approximately 200-400 invoices daily
Nature and Scope
Wesco Turf’s Mission – To make our customer the focus of our business and their satisfaction the most important thing we do. To leverage cost effective business processes and our employees knowledge to provide high value to our customers at a competitive price.
- All associates are expected to improve their skills and themselves, either by formal education in a related area or by on the job training beyond their current position.
- Receive and direct incoming phone calls in a timely and professional manner
- Greet and assist visitors and walk-ins
- Invoices and Picking Tickets
- Cull original invoices requiring special attention by Accounting Department
- Scan, alphabetize and bind daily picking tickets and packing slips
- Notify Accounting department of any discrepancies discovered for corrective action
- Fold and stuff outgoing invoices & assist with statements
- Sort, date-stamp and distribute daily mail; stamp checks for deposit
- Assist other departments as needed with mailings or other projects
- Cross-train other associates on telephone and front desk procedures
- Maintain contact updates directed from HR department internal and external staff. Make necessary corrections to master spreadsheet on the repository.
- Enter Disney invoices in Ariba Program
- Look up credits for daily warranty claims
- Scan A/P invoices, statements and correspondences
- Scan inventory adjustment tickets
- At Wesco Turf, each employee is expected to have a winning attitude so as to positively affect co-workers and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task successfully
- Possess a clear, well-modulated speaking voice
- Be detail-oriented in all tasks
- Show good judgment, flexibility and discretion
Education and/or Experience
- Requires substantial prior experience interfacing with the public at a variety of levels
- High school diploma minimum; college preferred
- Excellent verbal and written skills a necessity
- Ability to be assertive, yet tactful
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Good mathematical ability needed in concert with calculator use to verify computations on picking tickets and invoices
- Must be quick-thinking and resourceful in dealing with a variety of people and situations
- Needs to be able to assess customers’ needs and, in some instances, assist them in clarifying those needs/concerns as rapidly as possible
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Understanding of Prelude System as it relates to order log inquiries required to reconcile picking tickets and invoices
- Willingness to develop skills further as dictated by evolving position duties
- Requires consistent multi-tasking throughout the day
- Completion of administrative paperwork in a timely fashion, especially that on which other associates are dependent for their work
- Ability to sit (or stand) for extended periods
- Front Desk is located in the climate-controlled lobby
- Staff are expected to act in a safe manner at all times and ensure that those around them do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
This job description does not state, nor does it imply, that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee in this position. He or she will be required to follow any instructions and to perform any other duties requested by her or his supervisor.