Lake Mary Service Advisor
The purpose of this position is to assist the Shop Leader in daily operations. This position will assist with phone coverage, occasionally pick up or deliver customer repairs, pick up and deliver goods from outside vendors and assist with managing parts. This position will provide full shop administration when Shop Manager is out of the office.
- Coordinate with Shop Leader, customers, other divisions and vendors as necessary to meet customer needs
- Support five or more technicians in processing work orders from start to finish; to include warranty claims, transferring parts, adding jobs and conferring with vendors for resolutions to issues
- Pull in-stock parts for technicians, processing the transfers and paperwork
- In the future, help develop, grow and manage a parts inventory in the Lake Mary location
- Check-in incoming parts, conduct monthly parts inventory and transfer unused parts to their proper location
- When needed, assist warehouse with daily operations.
This position reports to the Lake Mary Shop Leader
Nature and Scope
Wesco Turf’s Mission:
- To create loyal customers.
Wesco Turf’s Vision:
- Be the preferred supplier for all products and services we provide
Wesco Turf’s Core Values:
- Ethics and honesty
- Expect to win
- Eliminate customer pain
- Love an idea for ten minutes
- Be the solution
- Each team member is expected to improve their skills and themselves, either by formal education in a related area or by on the job training beyond their current position.
- Demonstrates and promotes teamwork and cooperation with leadership staff, peers and all other departments.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Answer both external and internal customer calls and emails.
- Create repair orders, order parts, assist with the administration component of the repair process.
- Consult directly with customers initiating the repair order process, documenting their concerns with a review of the unit’s history, inclusive of providing a written quote to the customer.
- Obtain proper customer approval for repairs, both internal and external.
- Follow all warranty guidelines for warranty repair administration. Must understand warranty policies and procedures for all supported vendors.
- Assist in mandatory parts retention for warranty repairs.
- Complete troubleshooting of customer concerns when feasible and rely on the Lead Technician when additional knowledge is needed.
- Pickup or deliver customer repairs with the shop truck and trailer when needed.
- Assist with delivering parts to customers and delivering goods to outside vendors for repair.
- Perform monthly inventory counts.
- Assist with checking in parts orders and distributing parts to the technicians.
- Process vendor parts purchase orders, properly scanning and filing all paperwork.
- Assist with keeping the repairs and yard organized and keeping the repairs following the proper flow through the shop.
- Safely operate forklift to assist shop technicians and warehouse.
- Must have the ability to read and analyze documents and procedure manuals.
- Requires strong mechanical background with good administrative skills, ability to assess situations and respond in the customers’ best interest.
- Requires familiarity with Microsoft Windows and associated applications as well as web-based software.
- Requires the ability to communicate in a professional and courteous manner to all customers as well as fellow employees.
- Requires the ability to multi task and handle stressful situations, responding to the needs of internal and external customers in a timely manner.
- Requires valid Florida driving license with adequate driving record.
- Must be proficient with loading and trailering equipment.
- At Wesco Turf, each employee is expected to have a winning attitude so as to positively affect co-workers and customers.
- High attention to detail and strong work ethic is a must.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum High School Diploma G.E.D. or equivalent.
- Training at vocational, technical trade school or training seminars in the Commercial Turf Industry.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a related field.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Must have experience in speaking and presenting to groups.
- Able to communicate in Spanish a plus
- High School level mathematics a minimum.
- Diagnostic skills and problem-solving skills.
- Use personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles as they arise.
- Evaluate department processes. Recommend and coordinate needed changes based on process analysis.
- Computer literate: Service Max, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, Service Department Repair Order System S B Client and Prelude.
- Requires lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, reaching.
- Requires ability to multi task and handle stressful situations and respond to the needs of co-workers.
- Some duties of this job require the employee to occasionally work near moving mechanical parts.
- Be exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Be exposed to fumes and airborne particles and caustic or toxic chemicals.
- Noise levels can vary.
- Office areas are climate controlled.
- Staff are expected to act in a safe manner always and ensure that those around them do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
This job description does not state, nor does it imply, that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee in this position. He or she will be required to follow any instructions and to perform any other duties requested by her or his supervisor.