Mobile Services Technician (MST) - Central Florida
Provide onsite customer service, equipment repairs, vendor led reworks, off lease inspections (OLI), support new equipment inspections for all Commercial and SF&G accounts.
- This role is an expedited, non-exempt position, with weekly activity report expectations. A daily schedule of tasks to complete will be visible in Service Max for scheduling purposes. These tasks can range from, but are not limited to, warranty and customer bill repairs, Off lease inspections (OLI), demo support, new equipment delivery inspections, onsite customer training and, at times, customer training schools.
- Territory of coverage is from, but not limited to, the greater Central Florida area.
This position reports to the Lake Mary Shop Manager
Nature and Scope
Wesco Turf’s Mission:
- To create loyal customers.
Wesco Turf’s Vision:
- Be the preferred supplier for all products and services we provide
Wesco Turf’s Core Values:
- Ethics and honesty
- Expect to win
- Eliminate customer pain
- Love an idea for ten minutes
- Be the solution
- Each team member is expected to improve their skills and themselves, either by formal education in a related area or by on the job training beyond their current position.
- Demonstrates and promotes teamwork and cooperation with leadership staff, peers and all other departments.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Weekly itinerary can include, but not limited to, the following:
- Customer onsite warranty and customer bill repairs
- Service contract execution and administration
- New prospect discovery for service offerings
- Meet or exceed monthly and yearly labor and parts budgets
- Commercial & SF&G equipment delivery inspections
- When necessary, delivery events
- Off Lease inspections (OLI)
- Attend and assist demos when requested by sales teams
- Onsite customer training
- Vendor reworks
- Prepare and submit weekly Activity Reports
- Safely operate company vehicle
- Toro Web Training- required monthly training for technicians and service advisors
- Complete monthly truck parts inventory count
- Wesco U- training seminars for customers
- Calls to customer to provide but not limited to:
- General technical information
- Technician and operator training
- Billable diagnostic and repairs
- Convey benefits of Wesco Turf, Inc.
- Provide support for parts marketing
- Perform on site, end of lease inspections (OLI) of equipmentPerform demonstrations with territory manager for customers when requested
Additional Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Must carry and keep tools in effective working condition at all times
- Complete all assigned activities in eight-hour days, with no more than 40 hours per week
- Respond to all communication in two hours or less
- Expectation is to be driving to first scheduled stop, no later than 7:30 AM, daily
- Should there be no scheduled appointments for the day, expectation is to report to the Lake Mary repair facility to assist with technical calls, training and quality control functions
- When volume of work dictates, no less than three customer stops per day
- Engage in monthly and quarterly individual development plan status with leadership team
- When asked/necessary, must be able to keep information confidential
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Be professional and courteous to external and internal customers
- Mechanical ability
- Presentation skills
- At Wesco Turf, each employee is expected to have a winning attitude to positively affect co-workers and customers
- Time management is a must for this high pace position
- Must be organized
- Able to leverage current and future technology for role execution
- Ability to remain confidential regarding company and personnel initiatives
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum High School Diploma G.E.D. or equivalent
- Training at vocational, technical trade school or training seminars in the Commercial Turf Industry.
- Minimum of five years experience in a related field experience
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Must have experience in speaking and presenting to groups
- Able to communicate in Spanish a plus
- Minimum of high school mathematics
- Must be able to comprehend specifications outlined in manuals, as well as can read and understand measuring devices such as dial indicators, calipers, feeler gauges, scales etc
- Diagnostic skills and problem-solving skills
- Use personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles as they arise.
- Evaluate processes. Recommend and coordinate needed changes based on process analysis.
- Ability to read and analyze documents and procedure manuals
- Troubleshooting skills above average
- Computer literate in the following programs: Service Max, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, Service Department Repair Order System S B Client and Prelude
- Requires lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, reaching
- Requires ability to multi task and handle stressful situations and respond to the needs of co-workers
- Some duties of this job require the employee to occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
- Be exposed to outside weather conditions
- Be exposed to fumes and airborne particles and caustic or toxic chemicals
- Noise levels can be very loud
- Travel to outdoor job sites – most not climate controlled
- 60% of time spent in field on job sites
- Company provided vehicle
- 30% travel time
- Climate controlled office
- 10% office environment
- Staff are expected to act in a safe manner always and ensure that those around them do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
This job description does not state, nor does it imply, that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee in this position. He or she will be required to follow any instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.