Parts Inventory Specialist
Reports To: Parts Warehouse Manager - Operations
- Maintain exceptional inventory accuracy through meticulous and timely processing of RGAs, vendor claims, and return transfers from other locations
- Maintain an organized and picking efficient inventory
- Daily working hours are from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday – Friday
- Hours may vary during peak season and /or as necessary
- The parts department consists of 3 floors
- Parts inventory is in excess of $2.5M
- Irrigation inventory is in excess of $1.5M
- Over 10,000 SKUs
This position reports to the parts warehouse manager
Nature and Scope
Wesco Turf’s Mission:
- To create loyal customers
Wesco Turf’s Vision:
- Be the preferred supplier for all products and services we provide
Wesco Turf’s Core Values:
- Ethics and honesty
- Expect to win
- Eliminate customer pain
- Love an idea for ten minutes
- Be the solution
- Each team member is expected to improve their skills and themselves, either by formal education in a related area or by on the job training beyond their current position
- Each team member is also expected to demonstrate and promote teamwork and cooperation with leadership staff, peers and all other departments
Accountabilities and Responsibilities - Specific
- Responsible for the daily receipt and processing of returns from customers and will work closely with the customer service team to ensure that all RGAs are being handled quickly and accurately
- Responsible for daily processing of vendor claims
- Responsible for receipt and processing of all inbound stock transfers from other Wesco Turf locations
- Responsible for performing inventory counts and part number verifications on an as-needed basis for customer service and service shops
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate and organized RGA shelf for returned items pending vendor claims or location assignment
- Responsible for scrapping inventory as directed
- Responsible for keeping organized and detailed files for all RGAs, vendor claims and stock transfers.
- Responsible for prompt put-away and location assignment of all returned parts
- Responsible for inspection of all returned parts to ensure that they are in new and sellable condition which may require working with our service department
- Responsible for assisting in the Toro weekly stock order receipt and put-away
- Responsible for directing the movement of stock with the use of bin-pick-frequency reports
- Responsible for maintaining bin location availability using NO OH NO OO reports
- Responsible for maintaining supplies inventories i.e. boxes, labels, bags, etc.
- Responsible for assisting with pulling, packing and shipping when needed
Accountabilities and Responsibilities - General
- Required to keep a clean and organized workspace
- Required to operate forklifts (sit-down and stand-up)
- Required to operate utility carts
- Required to learn the Prelude inventory control system
- Required to learn and utilize RF scan guns
- Required to build and maintain working relationships and lines of communication with all associates interacted with
- Required to promote teamwork and cooperation with all Wesco Turf associates across all departments
- Required to improve their skills and themselves either by formal education in a related area or by on-the-job training beyond their current position
- Requires the ability to multitask and handle stressful situations, responding to the needs of internal and external customers in a timely manner
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Must be willing and able to take and follow direction
- Must be able to work independently
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum High School Diploma G.E.D. or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a fast paced and detail-oriented position
- Previous warehouse experience – 5 years
- Previous inventory management experience
- Certification to operate forklifts
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Able to communicate in Spanish a plus
- High School level mathematics a minimum.
- Understanding of
- Fill rates
- Inventory obsolescence
- Above average level of logic and problem-solving skills.
- Use personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles as they arise
- Evaluate department processes. Recommend and coordinate needed changes based on process analysis
- Must be able to analyze, prioritize and quantify the workload
- Computer literate: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point
- Prelude or other inventory management systems
- UPS shipping - WorldShip
- Requires lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to go up and down stairs and ladders frequently
- Work is in a non-climate-controlled workspace
- Some work is required outside.
- Associate may be exposed to fumes and airborne particles
- Noise levels can vary.
- Staff are expected to act in a safe manner always and ensure that those around them do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
This job description does not state, nor does it imply, that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee in this position. He or she will be required to follow any instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.