Lake Mary Warehouse Associate
The purpose of this position is to assist the Lake Mary Operations team in all daily tasks. This position plays a key role in moving parts, whole-goods, and equipment through the operations and logistics process.
- Coordinate with operations manager on logistics paperwork, trucking schedules and daily tasks
- Assist up to three truck drivers with loading their trucks in the morning and unloading in the afternoons
- Assist in loading and unloading transfer trucks from other Wesco Turf locations
- Process all paperwork relating to transfers, inbound and outbound loads, pickups and deliveries
- Assist in keeping both the office and warehouse clean and organized
This position reports to the Lake Mary Operations and Service Leader
Wesco Turf’s Mission:
- To create loyal customers
Wesco Turf’s Vision:
- Be the preferred supplier for all products and services we provide
Wesco Turf’s Core Values:
- Ethics and honesty
- Expect to win
- Eliminate customer pain
- Love an idea for ten minutes
- Be the solution
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Each morning, up to three trucks need to be loaded and secured with the correct products per the manifest
- Each afternoon, the trucks will need to be unloaded. The items unloaded will need to be processed and put in the appropriate location. All paperwork will need to be properly processed, scanned and filed
- Several inbound trucks per week will need to be unloaded. The inbound items will need to be verified and put in the appropriate location. All paperwork will need to be processed, scanned and filed appropriately
- Throughout the day, orders and transfers are printed. The paperwork needs to be read carefully, and the appropriate action will need to be taken. Attention will need to be paid to serial numbers, quantities and dates
- Customers and salesman will need to be assisted with loading/unloading equipment from their pickup trucks and/or trailers
- Occasionally, this position may be required to pick up or deliver equipment/product with a pickup truck and trailer
- Assist with creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for Lake Mary Operations department functions
- Must have the ability to read and analyze documents and paperwork.
- Good organizational skills
- Will need high energy and ability to multi-task
- Forklift experience
- Knowledge of DOT regulations a plus
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum High School Diploma G.E.D. or equivalent
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Able to communicate in Spanish a plus
- High School level mathematics a minimum.
- Safety first. Must exercise proper judgement at all times when it relates to safety.
- Use personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles as they arise.
- Evaluate department processes. Recommend and coordinate needed changes based on process analysis.
- Computer literate: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Requires lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, reaching
- Requires ability to multi-task and handle stressful situations and respond to the needs of co-workers
- Some duties of this job require the employee to occasionally work near moving mechanical parts
- Be exposed to outside weather conditions
- Be exposed to fumes and airborne particles and caustic or toxic chemicals
- Noise levels can vary
- Warehouse is not climate controlled
- Staff are expected to act in a safe manner always and ensure that those around them do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility and is a priority.
This job description does not state, nor does it imply, that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee in this position. He or she will be required to follow any instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.