Internal Repair Technicians - Sarasota
Provide support to the Sarasota Shop Team to insure the shop can respond to our customer’s needs, exceeding their expectations for quality repairs, quick turnaroundtime, and meeting promise dates.
- Complete work performed in accordance with the Standard Repair Times maintaining the goal for an individual *Efficiency average of 75% while maintaining an average of 85% *Productivity.
- *Efficiency = Standard Repair Time (SRT) / Actual Time Punched on Job
- *Productivity = Actual time spent punched on Jobs / Available time (Shift)
Nature and Scope
Wesco Turf’s Mission
– Create Loyal Customer
Wesco Turf’s Vision
– Wesco will be the preferred supplier in all markets we serve
– Wesco will invest in our employees, technology and resources to enhance our customer-oriented culture and to increase value to our customers
– We will develop strong teams with positive, winning attitudes who support and treat each other with professionalism and respect
Our Core Values
– Ethics and honesty
– Expect to win
– Eliminate customer pain
– Love an idea for ten minutes
– Be the solution
- Each team member is expected to improve their skills and themselves, either by formal education in a related area or by on the job training beyond their current position
- Demonstrates and promotes teamwork and cooperation with leadership staff, peers and all other departments
- Accurately test, troubleshoot, and diagnose failures on hydraulic, electrical systems, and gasoline and diesel engines
- Perform all repairs to meet quality control standards and in accordance with SRT
- Prepare accurate estimates for parts & labor
- Document issues in a clear and concise manner, showing cause for failure and correction
- Grind bed knives, reels and blades to the customers requested settings
- Use the computer for parts lookup and to keep up with communications through email
- Read and interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Welding as needed
- Assembly of new equipment to customer specs and within SST
- Preparation of Demo, Loaner, Pre-owned sale and rental units according to request and specifications
- Must be skilled in maintenance and repair of turf equipment
- Must have the ability to read, interpret and understand schematics
- At Wesco Turf, each employee is expected to have a winning attitude to positively affect co-workers and customers
Education and/or Experience
- High school or equivalent experience at vocational, technical trade school or training seminars in the commercial turf industry
- Minimum of five years’ experience or related field experience in Mechanical Field
- Training courses, schools and seminars a plus
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to communicate in Spanish a plus
- Must have basic math skills, i.e. simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Must be able to comprehend specifications outlined in manuals, as well as be able to read and understand measuring devices such as dial indicators, calipers, feeler gauges, scales etc
- Diagnostic skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read and analyze documents and procedure manuals.
- Computer literate: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point
- Requires typing skills
- Requires lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, reaching
- While performing the duties of this job the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes and airborne particles as well as to caustic or toxic chemicals. Noise levels can be excessive on occasion.
- Work is in a climate controlled, well-equipped service facility, with occasion to be exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Staff are expected to act in a safe manner always and ensure that those around them do not put themselves or others at risk.
This job description does not state, nor does it imply, that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee in this position. He or she will be required to follow any instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.