Territory Manager – North Florida (SF&G)
Meet or exceed planned sales within territory. Expand and improve customer accounts/network through continuous prospecting to new and existing accounts.
- Represent Wesco Turf in a professional manner and manage relationships with existing customers to increase loyalty and market share for Wesco Turf and all distributed lines.
- Responsible for relationships with all purchasing agents, municipal and sports field accounts, department directors/influencers/decision makers within their respective territory.
- Responsible for recommending, specifications, demonstrations, quotations, sales and follow-up after delivery of Commercial equipment and allied products.
- Understand processes and pricing to effectively promote purchasing contracts (i.e. National IPA, etc.) as well as State Contracts.
- Annual sales
- Budgeted increase annually in dollars.
- Territory consists of all sports fields and grounds accounts within their respective territories and counties
- Customer base consists of existing municipal and public sports fields and city, county and state entities as well as any new projects in their respective territories including LCE/Consumer dealers who set-up and deliver state contract orders for municipalities.
This position reports to Sports Fields & Grounds Sales Director
Nature and Scope
Wesco Turf Mission – To make our customer the focus of our business and their satisfaction the most important thing we do. To leverage cost effective business processes and our employee’s knowledge to provide high value to our customers at a competitive price.
- Each associate is expected to improve their skills and themselves, either by formal education in a related area or by on the job training beyond their current position.
- Demonstrates and promotes teamwork and cooperation with divisional, inter-divisional associates
- Assist in developing sales budgets and achieve yearly sales and margin goals for whole goods and parts for SF&G
- Establish and control pricing to attain acceptable margins
- Maintain favorable relations with Toro and our other vendor partners to ensure the viability and profitability of the division
- Assist in developing expense budgets and achieve yearly expense goals
- Assure customer service expectations and promote a standard of excellence in customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate teamwork and cooperation with other departments and employees
- Track follow up and provide weekly Activity Reports to give account status updates, cold call information, and service issues as they arise
- Prepare and implement monthly time and territory plan and itinerary
- Prepare bids and quotes
- Interface with Field Service Advisors/Mobile Service Techs and Service Manager on technical issues and problems within their area of responsibility
- Demonstrate new products and train end user on proper operation of new equipment along with Field Service Advisors.
- Prepare and present sales presentations to all clients, including personal delivery of quotes.
- Provide outside sales support within territory for all Wesco products and services. Meet or exceed assigned sales goals.
- Remain aware of major competition in the marketplace and be prepared to report and offer input on competitive products/training and programming.
- Deliver equipment as needed.
- Attend professional tradeshows as scheduled to walk the show floor or to be present in Toro or Wesco booths.
- Provide outside sales support within territory for all Wesco products and services.
- Conduct product training and selling sessions on a semi-annual basis with National / Regional accounts.
- Attend all educational functions (seminars, meetings, etc.) offered by Wesco / Toro.
- Submit weekly activity reports to Sales Director by 9am each Monday. Include schedule information and accounting of visits and what occurred, as well as any planned follow-up.
- Turn in expense reports weekly
- Maintain Toro Extranet customer list for assigned territory
- Use and maintain accounts in Salesforce program including opportunities, wins/losses, etc.
- Create and maintain customer quotes in Apttus quoting tool
- Maintain company property: vehicle, files, demo accounts, cell phones, laptops and tablets
- Maintain current Territory Plan document and review with Sales Director quarterly. Include potential new account visits, as well as planned growth with existing accounts (TY, LY, %Chg)
- Maintain file of assigned competitive equipment and programs
- Other projects as assigned.
- Assure customer service expectations are met and promote a standard of excellence in customer satisfaction. Achieve CSI overall rating of at least 8.0 for SF&G Grounds scores.
- Follow up and return customer phone calls and emails within 24 hours.
- Follow up and return Sales Manager calls and emails as high priority.
- Implement Toro / Wesco CSI action plan items as assigned by Sales Director.
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi task and handle the pressure of deadlines
- At Wesco Turf, each employee is expected to have a winning attitude to positively affect co-workers and customers
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum level of education is high school
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in administrative/customer service/sales or related support function
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal, including ability to make group presentations to internal and external customers
- Must be able to communicate in a professional and courteous manner to customers as well as fellow employees
- Ability to communicate in Spanish a plus
- High school level mathematics a minimum
- Average level of deductive and problem-solving skills
- Computer literate: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Some duties require bending, lifting to assemble and review equipment.
- Ability to load and unload equipment as needed.
- Planning and good organization skills required:
- To cover territory with efficient and effective time and territory management.
- To meet deadlines.
- To reply to calls and emails within 24 hours at the latest.
- Varied environments, including office, retailer shop, field work (i.e. demos, tradeshows).
- Travel throughout territory with some overnight stays required
- Staff are expected to act in a safe manner at all times and ensure that those around them to not put themselves or others at risk.
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
This job description does not state, nor does it imply, that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee in this position. He or she will be required to follow any instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.